Acura RLX Forum banner

Should I buy a used RLX?

9K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  SCARLETTEPEARL 
#1 ·
Hi, I am new to this forum and am looking for advice. I have test driven an RLX (2015) and realized after some research that the car could be a great value at 3 -4 years used. I am not seeing ANY love from Consumer Reports, read one forum where a guy from New Jersey had 3 tires blow out on his 2016 model after hitting pot holes, with neither Michelin’s or Acura taking ownership.... and I just can’t seem to find many objective reviews. Lookin at waiting for the right car @ 2016 or 2017 and some assurance that this is a good choice.
Thanks!

#4 ·
Did you get the RLX?

I found a CPO 18 RLX Sport Hybrid that was priced too good to pass up Dec/19. Purchased on Friday and ended up hitting a pothole on Monday that took out the front passenger tire (no rim damage, fine hairline crack where rim touches the tire within the rim guard area). I was very lucky I added the spare tire kit at time of purchase. It was around $425 to order a new tire (3 days to get in) and add road hazard warranty for the other tires with Discount Tires. Not 100% sure if the non-repairable flat was caused by the type of low profile OEM tires, OEM rims, or some combo of both.

Would be interested to see if folks had less pothole caused flats when changed out the OEM tires (want to change to Conti DWS 06 down the road).

#14 ·
So I have not bought the 2018 RLX sport Hybrid but my parents own a 2016 RLX Advance Paws version, so I can give you a few tips on price. Go to AcuraZine, and look under the RLX section and ask if anyone bought one yet and what deal they got. speed test vidmate 123movies I assume by now you could possibly get 10K off the MSRP but I don't know how the mmc version is selling.
I’ve had an 02’ RL (that I still own) and I just purchased a P-was 2020 RLX with 12k miles for 39.8K no dealer mark up but didn’t get 1 penny off

#11 ·
Have a RKX 2015 with Tech package. 132,000 and a/c clutch blew up, ruining AC. $4,100 repair as no program campaigns or recalls at Acura. They need to hear more from owners before helping. Owned a few Acura and Honda family cars and never had ac failure.

#12 ·
That sounds like Acura dealership prices? My 06 TSX A/C clutch did the same and Acura wanted +$2000 to fix (about the same when my P/S rack went out a year earlier). I found an A/C compressor on eBay and local shop to repair my A/C for $750. I paid $550 total compared to $2500 dealership prices to replace my P/S rack with local shop and I purchased the rack+oil myself on Amazon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.