Acura RLX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Much-anticipated information on the 2014 Acura RLX was recently revealed by the Japanese automaker, as Acura announced details on the RLX’s trims, price points and engines. As confirmed earlier, the five RLX trims will be out in the market in March.

The base 2014 Acura RLX will be priced at $49,345, with $895 destination fee included, and will be powered by a direct-injection V6 engine that can produce 310 horsepower and 272 lb/ft. of torque. This engine will be paired up with a six-speed automatic with paddle shifters. Inside the base RLX, users will find an 8-inch infotainment system with Bluetooth and streaming audio, a 7-inch secondary touchscreen, a 10-speaker sound system, tri-zone climate control and hands-free keyless trunk and front door access. Other standard features on the Acura RLX include the Precision All-Wheel Steer System, which would base rear wheel toe angles on steering and braking and 18-inch wheels with noise reduction.

The RLX with Navigation is slightly more expensive at $51,845 and comes with a few additional features, namely navigation and voice recognition, a color display for the infotainment system, and several Internet applications found on the new AcuraLink system. The intermediate trim is the RLX with Technology, which features slightly larger 19-inch noise-reducing wheels, a 14-speaker audio system, blind spot monitoring, noise-reducing acoustic glass, premium leather and hands-free keyless entry for the trunk and all doors. This option will set buyers back by $55,345.

The upper-scale trims are the $57,845 RLX with Krell Audio and the $61,345 RLX with Advance. The former trim is distinguished by a 14-speaker Krell audio system, but comes with a few other extras, such as rear door sunshades and a power rear window sunshade. The latter trim will come with additional safety features such as Collision Mitigation Braking and Lane Keeping Assist systems, plus adaptive cruise control, heated rear seats, front and rear parking sensors and auto-dimming side view mirrors, among other features.

Pricing, Powertrains and Trims Revealed for 2014 Acura RLX | The Eagle's Rant

·
Registered
250 Posts
I say in the RLX with the krell audio and I was impressed initially. I think I'm going to look heavily into the Advanced package.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Too bad I didn't get a chance to listen to the Krell audio system . At the auto show they had everything on but you needed a radio code! I really wanted to see how much of a difference the Krell is to the elder Bose system.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm looking more in to the Base package but for the advanced package is it really worth the extra money. For 4,000$ more you get the advanced package which includes a krell sound system? What is this krell system, how come they got rid of bose. They were the best.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Krell audio systems were first established with home entertainment. They were market for higher end sounds using expensive materials to achieve the best. Slowly they reach their goal and had lots of loyal customers who noticed a difference. And now they are working with luxury brand auto makers Acura being the first.

·
Registered
108 Posts
safety features such as Collision Mitigation Braking and Lane Keeping Assist systems, plus adaptive cruise control, heated rear seats, front and rear parking sensors and auto-dimming side view mirrors, among other features.
As auto makers grow and come out with new idea they all share the same thing. Safety which is always a concern to consumers and a key selling point. All car manufacturers are now coming out with new lane keeping assist to help the driver maintain the vehicle in its lane. I can see this becoming a standard one day, maybe within the next 10 years.

·
Registered
102 Posts
As auto makers grow and come out with new idea they all share the same thing. Safety which is always a concern to consumers and a key selling point. All car manufacturers are now coming out with new lane keeping assist to help the driver maintain the vehicle in its lane. I can see this becoming a standard one day, maybe within the next 10 years.
In 10 years I can see it become a standard in cars as affordable as the ILX. But hopefully with the next generation RLX we will see some self-driving technology. A self driving RLX will be so sick!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Driving assist features are always climbing on the market making even the most amateur driver a superstar. But I dont think self driving vehicles are that close to happening yet. I heard that many states are trying to implementing black boxes and dash cams in to the law making every vehicle mandatory to drive with one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts