Acura RLX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm expecting AWD. And I'm hoping its a RWD biased AWD rather than the FWD biased AWD system on the Acura TL.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If it's similar to the NSX concept here is the little bit of info we have on the RLX drivetrain

Unlike the current SH-AWD system, which would send power to the front wheels by way of a driveshaft and a mechanical differential, the NSX's front wheels will instead be powered by a pair of electric motors. As each motor is assigned to a wheel, the system has the ability to accelerate the outer wheel in a corner, creating a yaw moment that improves the car's ability to turn in and rotate. All told, the system could produce a net punch of about 400 hp.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I really doubt the AWd system will be that advanced, after all i think the Sh-AWD system will make it ovet tot he RLX, if not they make take the idea of the NSX and implent the same idea but in a lesser way. but i stll think it will not be a all time 4wd system.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Even the new AWD TL is FWD biased. Not sure why Honda is so against RWD. I think that's just how they've always been. FWD isn't exactly a bad thing. It's better for everyday drivers but for performance driving it's definitely got an edge over RWD. I think you can count the number of RWD Hondas and Acuras with one hand. lol. For FWD though Acura and Honda make some of the best FWDs. I guess they just like to stick to what they're good at.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts