Acura RLX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Acura isn't about to miss out on all the fun that is the 2013 SEMA Show. It is bringing three custom-built RLX and ILX sedans. I thought I would write a little about the two RLXs for everyone.

The first concept is called the RLX VIP and it is created by Evasive Motorsports. The sedan features carbon fiber bumpers, titanium exhaust tips, high-performance brakes, 21" wheels, and Acura Genuine Accessories components, as well as some other mods.

The second RLX concept that Acura is showing is the Urban Luxury Sedan. It was developed by MAD Industries, who added an Acura genuine Accessories deck lid spoiler, 22" Niche wheels, Nitto Invo tires, satin black calipers and 3M brushed black metallic film door and trim accents.

"How better to amp up the inherent luxury , excitement and prestige of the Acura Brand than to partner with the enthusiast crowd and create these custom RLX and ILX sedans," said Mike Accavitti, senior vice president of Auto Operations. "SEMA is where we go to add that little bit of spice that brings out the true performance character in our Acura lineup."

·
Registered
155 Posts
I don't like what they did to these RLX's but the Grey RLX by MAD is clearly the better one. Good to finally see how an RLX looks lowered to a ride height that people are most likely to do.

·
Registered
250 Posts
interesting. The RLX looks pretty nice lowered.

Never would have thought Acura would promote modifying the RLX.

·
Registered
155 Posts
interesting. The RLX looks pretty nice lowered.

Never would have thought Acura would promote modifying the RLX.
Same here. I guess after seeing all the hype the modified FR-S's got, they figured doing this to any car of theirs will help them, and it seems to have.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think that this RLX^^^^ is a bit too much. With the wheel popping out the sides and the rose gold, it is not my taste.

I think that the orange RLX above looks nice though. The orange color with the black rims looks good. Carbon fiber parts are always fun too.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I like that one better than the SEMA one lol.

Not as ricey
x2

It looks far better, but it's just a rendering.
The poke on those wheels is a bit too much for my liking but still looks good, everything still complements the vehicles original design more than those SEMA RLX's.

·
Registered
155 Posts
yea was gunna say not as ricey if you ignore the HELLA FLUSH... not a good look for the RLX

you guys see the RLX on vossens??

That's nice, sizing seems off, seems like it's too small, might just be a set of wheels they had laying around they wanted to try out on the RLX.
Lower it with bigger wheels and it will look wicked.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts