Acura RLX Forum banner

Acura RLX vs TLX

24K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  epicVIN 
#1 ·
Acura TLX Forum

If you can get an AWD TLX for the same price as the FWD RLX which would you choose?

The TLX almost looks like a baby RLX. The TLX is going to be smaller but I never found the TL to be too small.

The new styling is a nice improvement over the old one. And now that it has a new transmission, gas mileage could improve as well.

See less See more
#3 ·
Looking at it now it seems like the front of the TLX and the RLX are almost identical. IT certainly doesn't show much innovation on Acura's part. I am interested to see what the interior ends up looking like though.

Same grille, same bumper, same headlights. Slightly pointier nose, that is about the only difference I see between the front of the two cars.

#6 ·
When you first see the two next to each other, you'll realize that the RLX is much bigger than the TLX and aimed at a different customer. There's going to be a bigger difference RLX v. TLX than there was between the RL and TL of the last generation, which blatantly copied each other's chassis.

The TLX is a North American McPherson car, based on the NA Accord.

The RLX is a double wishbone Legend and it's not based on anything but itself, having no Honda equivalent in North America.

#10 ·
A dilema I'm having and that wont be solved till I drive both. Im not in the market for FWD thus its a moot point since the TL an RL that I would buy will not be close in price. Personally I would not buy a FWD RLX, period. Overpriced and underperforming. The Sport hybrid RLX is actually a completely different car altogether, IMO the FWD RLX was a marketing mistake. I dont even think of the sport hybrid as a "hybrid" at all! Personaly I like to think about it as a new idea in powertrain design that enhances performance significantly without a consumption penalty. IMO, its the most sophisticated powertrain ever put into a passenger vehicle. If a european manufacturer had come up with it it would cost at least 50K more and be trumpeted as an automotive landmark. Given that this a taste of the NSX, I'm sure that car will catch Ferraris and folks with their pants down again.

#14 ·
There are complaints about the 9AT in 3.5L TLX and the TLX 8DCT only comes with the 2.4L engine. I haven't heard the same levels of complaints with the 6AT, 10AT, or 7DCT in the RLX.

I was deciding between new 2.4L TLX A-spec or +18 Sport Hybrid for the wife (both very close to same $$$). Drove both back-to-back (TLX first) and my wife instantly fell in love with the RLX. Both were close to the same price; but, the RLX is on another level up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.